Tuesday, September 7, 2010

'Friendly Black Cat'

Hello hello, it's Shan who isn't very successful at being a Responsible and Independent Grown-Up in the Real World.

Haha. Not being effective at looking for a permanent place to stay and being my usual wishy-washy self and sucking so terribly at making decisions.

I fell in love at first sight with this loft apartment!! Don't think any property I've viewed has ever taken my breath away like this. And and and!! It has a bay window too!! Ffffffff! Want!!!





However, the problem is that it requires me to transfer lines on the subway to get me to school, which still isn't toooo bad, but to be honest, the location isn't anything to shout about. On one side is the roaring traffic of the 4th Ring Road, and it is a little distance from the subway station, with not thaaat many facilities like eateries and shops in between.
Also, it's not a given that the landlord would want to rent the unit, especially since I'll only be taking it for less than half a year.

The other option that I viewed is more conveniently located, on the same line as my uni, and closer to town. It's near a student area, which means more shops etc, and even a big shopping centre with stuff like Sephora, UniQlo, Zara, and a rather nice-looking two story Starbucks.
However, it's just a normal studio apartment. And the development it's in is a strange mix of commercial premises, offices and residential units. The entrance to the residential block is round the back of the building, which is pretty dark at night.
But the landlord seems more likely to be amicable towards a contract which has me just paying for 4 months, plus half the agent's fee.

I know it's probably better to stay somewhere where supermarkets and stuff are within easy reach, and the commute won't be too tedious.
But, but! This is probably the only chance I have to stay in a loft apartment!!! >_<>m< src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/rbjg/R0019014.jpg" height="350">





And and AND!!!!

There are CATS!!!!!!!!!!

Not just cats, but there's a particularly friendly furry black cat!!!!!!!







He (?) has ridiculously long limbs!!! =^.^=

The first time we met, he did strange impressively flexible flips (I think I've become to used to my black blob's bulk). You know how cats sometimes choose humans? It was like that for my previous cat and current one. This felt a bit like that. ^^;





He's so lithe and slight! Mmmmmrrrph! >A< Here's another of the feline residents of this little neighbourhood.




Neither of the flats I'm considering seems to have anywhere for leisurely, peaceful strolls, which will be a shame. However, when the freezing cold of winter descends, do I still want to take leisurely strolls in the open? Maybe the answer to that is yes, as I did make a few crazy treks through the snow in March that I enjoyed. ^^;

Oh vell.

I suppose if I end up not having my loft apartment, I can take comfort in the facts of not having to climb down a flight of stairs to use the loo and being only two stops away from the zoo (lol).

I think I'll go for a cheap cheap massage to take my mind off housing woes. Trying not to think about what'll happen if I can't find a place to stay before this weekend, when the hotel I'm holed up in won't have any more vacancies. Yargh.

2 comments:

  1. Oh loft apartment looks great! And there are cute kitties; maybe it's meant to be. But the location doesn't sound so great...

    Are there other options you can look into as well?

    That cute ball of black fluff is just dying to be played with! so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's lovely isn't it? We had a loft attic in the house I grew up in, and I used to play there a lot.
    But perhaps even without that nostalgic connection, lofts will always hold a rather dreamy and lovely image!!
    And the two-story high window will probably do some good for winter blues. Ahh!

    Oh, the kitties are near the student halls. Didn't see any cats near the other places. Hopefully will find some when I finalise my accommodation!

    It's rather difficult as I'm looking just to rent for less than half a year, and most contracts are based on a year's occupancy.
    The housing market still going crazy in BJ doesn't help!!

    ReplyDelete