Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update! With Fluffly Animals!!

So much I want to blog about, so little time!!!!

I do actually spend quite a lot of time with my digits attached to my laptop, but more often than not get distracted from blogging by the gazillion billion gamillion things out there on the internet.

Anyway, I guess a whirlwind chronology would go something like that:

-Went to the zoo to take my mind off housing woes (more on this in a bit!!)

-Finally had my cheap cheap massage. 68RMB (roughly £8 I guess?) for 90 minutes. Mmm.

-Acrobatic shows depress me. I don't see the need for young kids to abuse their bodies to unnatural extents so they burn out before their 30 and are left with no other way of life. Just to make people go 'Oh my god!'

-Solved mystery of 'not so friendly anymore black cat'!! There're actually TWO of them!!! I think they're siblings. Friendly black cat was still as friendly as ever when I last saw it.

-First day of class and meeting my new classmates. They seem pretty cool so far. It seems like I'll actually have to put in effort for this course, though. Haha!

-FINALLY moved!!! \(^o^)/ I love my new place!

-Went to see a jazzed up Chopin piano recital by this Japanese jazz pianist, Ozone Makoto. (No, it's not a strange 'asian' sort of English name as in 'Ozone layer', but his actual surname in Japanese - 'oh-zoh-neh' Haha! I have to admit I rolled my eyes when I first saw his name, assuming it was the former)
Anyway, it was brilliant! So much fun! I was squeeing inside when he played his version of Polonaise in A 'Military'. Ahhh, bliss!
The National Centre for the Performing Art here has got to be one of the most fucking impressive buildings in the world.
My jaw dropped in awe when I entered the dome. The effect from the inside is just stunning!! Too bad they didn't allow cameras to be brought in. Not that it stopped people. I have a few pictures from my crappy phone camera.
But yes, most definitely probably the most impressive piece of architecture I've been in!!!

-OMGOMGOMGOMG!!1 Joe Hisaishi will be conducting in Beijing in November!!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!! And I got front row tickets!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!
Yes yes, not the prime seat in the house, but I want to be as close to the god as possible! Hahahaha. Was so hyped up!! Couldn't get tickets the day I found out about the concert, as the box office had already closed, but I legged it back to the theatre the next day and secured my butt and ears a spot in the presence of a god.
He's the composer for pretty much all the Miyazaki Hayao Studio Ghibli film scores, and has done a lot of other film scoring work as well as his own compositions. I have to admit I'm not well-acquainted with most of his non-Ghibli work, but this is the man I've worshiped since the age of 14, so seeing him conducting in the flesh will definitely be a dream come true! I really hope he plays the piano tooooo!

About the zoo, I'll just dump there videos here:





These long-legged elegant beauties are called Maned wolves. Have never seen them before!! They loped around so gracefully! They seem more like deer than canines.
In this video, they're not being so elegant and are being rather intimidated by the common wolves in the neighbouring enclosure. One of the Maned wolves actually walked into a bush. Smooth.





Shocking case of animal abuse by a zoo. Those poor chickens!! Musn't be very pleasant for the foxes too, having temptation so close and yet out of reach.





And finally!! My beloved red foxes!!!! Spent ages staring at them the last time I went in December, and spent a long time staring again this time.
Ahhh, they're so incredibly lovely!!! <3333


The zoo was slightly depressing, though.
There was a lot of fist-whamming of glass, kicking of rails, chucking of sweets and other food into enclosures, poking and whacking (I kid you not) of animals when it proved possible, blinding flash photography, and general appalling behaviour from the creatures on this side of the glass.

And these acts were mostly committed by the adults. The kids didn't quite have enough brute strength to effectively slam the glass partitions with suitable force.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that all sounds amazing! Especially going to see Joe Hisaishi! You sound like you've definitely been having fun! no time for studying.

    I never had my massage. I'm glad someone did, and it is so cheap there!

    I have a kitty now by the name of 'Simba'.....
    YAY
    I will post photos soon!

    ReplyDelete