Sunday, September 5, 2010

♠Plastic Wonderland♣


I need to stop promising to blog about things, as I more often than not never get round to doing so!

Anyway, wanted to have this little consumeristic flail for quite a while now. This is stuff I bought when I first got home for summer, and now summer's over. That's how much of a while it's been. Haha!

Anyway. Pictured above are these adorable little tab stickers!!


They're a bit like post-it notes, but made with sturdier plastic, and come in adorable designs! I grabbed the Alice in Wonderland themed ones, as well as a Winnie the Pooh one. ^^; There're other non-character themed sets like safari animals, farm animals, flowers and so on. But since I've been herded like a sheep onto the Japanese love for Alice in Wonderland bandwagon, Alice it was for me★

The tagline for these adorable sets is something like 'Create Your Own Story!', which I did attempt to do in about half a minute, the result of which you can see more clearly with a light background:


Alice, of course, as well as the White Rabbit, some shrooms and grass. (Yes, the wording is deliberate. :p)

The book is J.M. Barrie's 'The Little White Bird', which is supposed to be the precursor of 'Peter Pan'.
I bought it from the book town Hay-on-Wye in Wales when I first arrived in Britain.
I must confess that I still haven't read the book yet, though, after all these years!! Whoops!

I remember being really quite taken up with 'Peter Pan' before going off to uni. I read the full original text and absolutely loved the flashes of the sinister that emerged from Peter.

Anyway, I also picked up these pretty pastel macaron post its on the same pilgrimage to the stationary section of the Japanese bookstore, Books Kinokuniya.


Speaking of Alice in Wonderland, I caved in to temptation and bought this from Paul & Joe.


Most definitely got it for the box and packaging! ^^; Whooops.

And when we mash up Alice and macarons, this is the result!!!


Ahh, I love my Cheshire Cat macaron! ♥♥

And so ends this display of consumerism! ^^;

3 comments:

  1. haha, I like how you call it your 'consumerism' post. I just realised how many people do only blog about things they've bought! I hope I don't do it too much. But it's nice to see the cute things you bought. Those Paul and Joe designs are SO cute. WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Remnants of the influence of uni days. :p
    Heh, I enjoy seeing the stuff you buy! They're all so adorable and pretty! ^~^

    They had another set that was blue, and was really pretty as well! I chose the Cheshire Cat over Alice, though. ^^;
    Before leaving Spore, I saw Paul & Joe's latest make-up collection, which I think had CAT shaped lipsticks!!! Ahhh! Do want!!! >///<
    Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad the things I buy are adorable and pretty! I've used the Internet so much more for shopping since I moved here....It's a bit addictive, because I also love receiving things by post..

    I would also love a cat-shaped lipstick!

    ReplyDelete