Friday, July 23, 2010

Star Visibility Zero


We are all in the gutter,
but some of us see the reflection of the fence.


My rather limp attempt at re-crafting Oscar Wilde's famous quote:

"We are all in the gutter,
but some of us are looking at the stars."

I was literally in the gutter about an hour ago, after catching sight of a very gorgeous drain.
What luxuriant and healthy moss you have!
What adorable little sprigs of weeds you have!
What poignantly curled brown leaves adorning your belly you have!
What delightfully rough textured surfaces you have!


Right. *cough*

So down into it I climbed, thankfully with vaguely suitable footwear slapped on my feet, though the fluffy skirt wasn't too advisable.


Not totally satisfied with any of the pictures I snapped, though.
Then I started to run low on battery and memory space, and my ageing legs started to ache, so back out I clambered.
Spotted more contenders for the title of Most Picturesque Drain on my way back. Tropical vegetation is frantically flourishing even in the gutters.

Started constructing a Grand Tour of the Gutters in my head.

And then I was home and my cat was waiting in the porch to greet me.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, the last photo is lovely, I like reflection photos. A grand tour of the gutters sounds like an excellent title for a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i never seen a drain gutter look so good.

    ReplyDelete